How can I provide 120 min. fire protection?
We can suggest three different solutions:
- W112 Partition Wall System: 2x15mm Fire Resistant Gypsum Board (FR)
- W112 Partition Wall System: 2x12,5mm Fire Resistant Gypsum Board (FR-DF)
- Or 2x25mm Fireboard from the exposed side
Can box profiles be used instead of Knauf galvanised profiles?
All Knauf systems are constituted and tested with galvanize profiles. According to these tests, all Knauf system components should be used in order to get the expected performances.
Does the gypsum board provide fire protection by itself?
The only gypsum board which provides fire protection by itself is Fireboard. Above the proper construction, from the fire exposed side:
- One layer 20mm Fireboard provides 90 minutes,
- Double layer 25mm Fireboard provides 120 minutes fire protection.
To provide these performances, Fireboard joint tape and joint filler must be used.
Can high wall constructions be achieved by these systems?
With the right profile thickness and axial spacing, partition walls can be applied up to 12 meters. For higher walls, additional construction is required.
Is there a way to hang loads on partition walls?
Up to certain weight lavabo, toilet ect. loads can be hanged unsupportedly. After a certain weight, reinforcing with UA Profiles is required. Other console loads can be hanged with proper dowels. To specify the load class of your wall, please reach our technical team via email@example.com or 444 92 74.
Can Cleaneo Acoustic Boards be painted?
Before painting, Spezialgrund is applied to the joints and screw heads of the acoustic gypsum boards.
Short-piled roller or brush is used for primer and painting applications.
Note: The primer material must be compatible with the paint / coating material which is to be applied.
Are partition wall systems impact resistant?
It's possible with Diamant. It's a special gypsum board with enhanced sound insulation, fire and moisture resistance, impact strength properties. For further information please visit our Document Center .
What is the max. applicable plaster thickness?
The suggested thickness is 1,5 cm. If thicker layers needed,first layer's drying time should be waited to avoid cracks.
Why does gypsum plaster crack?
The reasons could be the following ones:
- Water-plaster ratio could be wrong
- Air circulation could be too much in the application area,
- The surface could be dirty or dry and hot (in order to avoid cracks, surfaces like airated concrete, bricks etc. must be saturated before application)
- Surface is not flat or plaster thickness is not proper (applicable thickness must be max. 1,5 cm)
- There could be gaps between joints